Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Leonardo da Vinci

v_chobot
    v_chobot

Leonardo da Vinci Empty Leonardo da Vinci

Post by v_chobot Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:37 am

Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci (April 15, 1452 – May 2, 1519)
    was an Italian polymath, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, painter, sculptor, architect, botanist, musician and writer. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance man, a man whose unquenchable curiosity was equaled only by his powers of invention.[1] He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived.[2] According to art historian Helen Gardner, the scope and depth of his interests were without precedent and "his mind and personality seem to us superhuman, the man himself mysterious and remote".[1]

Born the illegitimate son of a notary, Piero da Vinci, and a peasant woman, Caterina, at Vinci in the region of Florence, Leonardo was educated in the studio of the renowned Florentine painter, Verrocchio. Much of his earlier working life was spent in the service of Ludovico il Moro in Milan. He later worked in Rome, Bologna and Venice and spent his last years in France, at the home awarded him by Francis I.
    Leonardo was and is renowned[2] primarily as a painter. Two of his works, the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, are the most famous, most reproduced and most parodied portrait and religious painting of all time, respectively, their fame approached only by Michelangelo's Creation of Adam.[1] Leonardo's drawing of the Vitruvian Man is also regarded as a cultural icon,[3] being reproduced on everything from the Euro to text books to t-shirts. Perhaps fifteen of his paintings survive, the small number due to his constant, and frequently disastrous, experimentation with new techniques, and his chronic procrastination.[nb 2] Nevertheless, these few works, together with his notebooks, which contain drawings, scientific diagrams, and his thoughts on the nature of painting, comprise a contribution to later generations of artists only rivalled by that of his contemporary, Michelangelo.
    :-ganzy-:
    :-ganzy-:
    Regular
    Regular

Leonardo da Vinci Empty Re: Leonardo da Vinci

Post by :-ganzy-: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:41 pm

i think u posted the same topic 3 times O.o
    Gumi Maci
    Gumi Maci
    Author
    Author

Post by Gumi Maci Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:47 am

Hello nice facts and stuff info but youve posted this like twice is there any way you can delete it or get a mod on this forum to delete it?(only to delete one of the topics cuz youve done 2 topics but put same thing on them)
    Herip..
    v_chobot
    v_chobot

Leonardo da Vinci Empty my post

Post by v_chobot Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 pm

i know cuz its my first time i dont know they get it LOL

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:17 pm

Interesting... Very Happy
    Yavn
    Yavn
    Regular