Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

My entry for the bug contest.

Nisse54321
    Nisse54321

My entry for the bug contest. Empty My entry for the bug contest.

Post by Nisse54321 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Grass Hoppers
    The Monkey Grasshopper
    -Scientific name
    Genus species
    -Order name
    Orthoptera
    -Family name
    Eumastacidae
    -Description
    With a little visible flowering plants in tropical rainforests, insects have been named the flowers of the jungle. This brightly colored grasshopper lives up to that reputation. With ears on the sides of its abdomen, these hoppers are distinguishable from crickets and katydids by the short chunky antennae. Locust relatives have and continue to effect man when they swarm in the millions during their migratory rampages, consuming everything in their path.
    My entry for the bug contest. Picture160 My entry for the bug contest. Picture159

Ants
    Formicid Ants
    -Scientific name
    Cephalotes spp.
    -Order name
    Hymenoptera
    -Family name
    Formicidae
    -Descrption

These large and robust Brazilian ants were found fastidiously inspecting and cleaning exposed root sections on the damp forest floor. These ants usually live in the canopy and hollow out stems. Notice the exaggerated protective spines on the thorax of these ants. Ants are the most successful, prolific and noticeable insects in the forest. They are extremely important in the recycling of organic material back into the system.
    My entry for the bug contest. Picture164 My entry for the bug contest. Picture163

Wasp
    Theard-waisted wasp
    -Scientific name
    Ammophilia spp.
    -Order name
    Hymenoptera
    -Family name
    Sphecidae
    -Description

Thread-waisted wasps are prolific caterpillar hunters. Paralyzed caterpillars are used as food for their young while they develop in sand burrows. This mating pair are solitary wasps who have a liking for flower pollen. They were found in the Mojave Desert in California. Wasp females sting with their modified egg laying apparatus and the junction between the thorax and abdomen exhibits considerable constriction.
    My entry for the bug contest. Picture162 My entry for the bug contest. Picture161

Butterflies
    Nymphalid Butterfly
    -Scientific name
    Genus species
    -Order name
    Lepidoptera
    -Family name
    Nymphalidae
    -Description
    These butterflies exhibit strong and confident flight characteristics and are also attracted to the higher concentrations of minerals along the river banks. The first pair of legs are greatly reduced giving this Nymphalid the appearance of only having 4 rather than six legs. The underside of this butterfly is beautifully painted. Fairies are often represented with butterfly wings. In Greek and Roman mythology, Horae spirits, personifying the seasons, are sometimes depicted with butterfly wings and are the daughter attendants of Aurora and Selene representing dawn and the moon.
    My entry for the bug contest. Picture167 My entry for the bug contest. Picture165

These bugs are really interesting and I think they look very cool! Xd
    It was fun looking for all the information though… So I hope you like it. Anyway There’re other bugs I thought were cool and I think I should post them later…. well we’ll see!
    Guguzi
    Guguzi
    Agent
    Agent

My entry for the bug contest. Empty Re: My entry for the bug contest.

Post by Guguzi Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Interesting topic! Thanks for sharing Smile

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:51 am