Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Fact's Of Bats

unni

Fact's Of  Bats Empty Fact's Of Bats

Post by unni Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:53 am

A long time ago, people used to think bats were birds without feathers. But now we know that there is no such thing as a featherless bird. We know that bats are MAMMALS, just like people. But bats are very special mammals. They are the only mammals that can fly (without an airplane!) Flying squirrels are mammals too, but they don't really fly. They jump from high in a tree glide through the air like a kite. Bats flap their wings and fly like a bird. Bat wings are made of two thin layers of skin stretched over the bat's arm and fingers. Bats have a thumb and four fingers, just like people (sorry, you can only see 3 of the fingers in my photo -- it's tough to get a bat to pose!).

The bat's fingers are very long compared to its body. If we had fingers like a bat, they would be longer than our legs!

Bat wings go all the way down the side of the bat's body and partway down its legs. When bats fly, they don't just flap up and down. If you watch them closely, it almost looks like they're pulling themselves through the air -- the movement is similar to the butterfly stroke in swimming.

Bats use their wings for more than just flying. They can wrap their wings around insects or fruit to hold it while eating. lol i wrote this on 15 minutes bur frist i wrote it on notepad then pasted hear i took 3 hours yesterday to leanr this post
    OverLord
    OverLord

Fact's Of  Bats Empty Re: Fact's Of Bats

Post by OverLord Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm

nice work on the post! wow I never knew most of this about bats! (the most I knew was that they used some kinda built in radar thingy Laughing )

I don't think I could imagine having fingers longer then my legs Very Happy Shocked
    Puffles
    Puffles
    Agent
    Agent

Post by Puffles Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Once I toured a cave. The guide said that the bats hung upside down from the cave top because they had to "fall" to fly. Every night, I can go outside and watch at least one bat eat the insects flying around the outside light. It is neat to watch bats!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:34 am