Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Seven Cities Of Gold *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Sisant
    Sisant

Seven Cities Of Gold  *^*^*^*^*^*^*^* Empty Seven Cities Of Gold *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Post by Sisant Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:44 am

Do you know the tale of the Seven Cities of Gold? There are two of them, the Quivira and the Cibola. The tale says that long ago, 7 bishops were escaping from their city for their lives. It was because the Muslims were attacking them and taking over their sacred relics, but as the bishops went, it says that they had found a great big cities of gold. The cities were very rich with a lot of people since there were massive amount of gold. To prove this tale, Francisco Coronado, a explorer, has traveled through the most of the South Western U.S., but unfortunately, he found nothing. So one theory of the scientists says that there were no such as Seven Cities of gold, but there are also theories that they just saw things because of great dehydration. One more major theory is that the Gold Cities were just a mirage. (rare occasion where the Sun's ray reflect something nearby) Shocked

Last edited by Sisant on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
    Jedilachlan
    Jedilachlan

Seven Cities Of Gold  *^*^*^*^*^*^*^* Empty Re: Seven Cities Of Gold *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Post by Jedilachlan Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:25 am

Nice facts!!!

I leant heaps.

Jedilachlan
    Puffles
    Puffles
    Agent
    Agent

Seven Cities Of Gold  *^*^*^*^*^*^*^* Empty Re: Seven Cities Of Gold *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Post by Puffles Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:09 am

It's stories like the "Seven Cities of Gold" that keeps our imagination going. I don't know if the cities are true, but I like to think that we haven't discovered all the things in the world. Who knows what is still out there left to find?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content