Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+57
swifty
northian
½
allmodsrule
Video
elise__23
pieman112
Jessie2000
Nathaniel9909
pinkydinky
alfy1
sally98
piecommander
Potter909
confetti
Bart1879
Happy00127
julianaprestes@yahoo.com
Terranova_Girl
snooopy63
ginmom
metalmeat
Mimja
floppyjacky
edytza007
Bubu1028
fano1
nuwfall9
samrat4
Darkcartman123
iby101
reeter
Raxar
Gmailchatter
smash
chow
:-ganzy-:
zigzag1994
plad556
Bakugon
Omar
chessie123
bube077
deliciouzz
XxMcho04xX
♪♫Artic288♪♫
Jedilachlan
floppyj10
boy
¢нιℓℓ....α∂∂ мє
Ryan246
aqua144
boblonja
rickyglam
norgolbo
Hikikomori
61 posters

Ocean Animals!

Regular
    Regular

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ocean Animals!

Post by :-ganzy-: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:52 pm

HELLO!!today ill talk about the electric fish:
    An electric fish is a fish that can generate electric fields. It is said to be electrogenic
    u can find it at:
    both in the ocean and in freshwater rivers of South America and Africa.here's a pic i drew Very Happy

[img]Ocean Animals! - Page 2 5lw9pg[/img]
    chow
    chow

Post by chow Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:12 pm

The only mammals that live in the ocean are the dolphins and the whales. Very Happy -chow
    boblonja
    boblonja

Post by boblonja Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:58 pm

artic and jedi copied that from wikipedia not fair
    smash
    smash

Post by smash Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Hey guys smashorama here this is a fact about the humpback whale. the humpback whale ways precisely 36,000 kg (killa grams)http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?klb5ty148wkk
    Gmailchatter
    Gmailchatter
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gmailchatter Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:44 pm

This is about the "animal" who is barely an animal! It was probably the first animal to form. It formed from tiny cells. Most scientist had a hard time trying to figure out if it was an animal or not! The reason they had such a hard time was because it doesn't move, it doesn't have organs, it has no spinal cord,and it can be any shape! What "animal" is this? Well its the SPONGE! Not the kind u clean ur dishes with, the REAL sponge found in the oceans. Scientist also had a hard time deciding whether the sponge was a animal or a plant. Sponges look alot like plants. They are mostly found along coral reefs. The largest coral reef is called the Great Barrier reef along Australia. Sponges can be any color and any shape, so barely any of them look alike. Most of them are small, but some can be 6 feet in diameter! Sponges really don't look like they would eat anything, but they do! Sponges eat by drawing water currents into their pores, and filtering nutrients. Some types of sponges include the tube sponge(scientific name: Callyspongia vaginalis), the vase sponge(Ircinia campana), the yellow sponge(Cleona celata), and the red tree sponge(Haliclona compressa). There are very many types of sponges, but if i named them all i might take up this whole forum! This is a picture of a orange vase sponge living in its habbitat. I drew it on the wall!Enjoy! GMAILCHATTER! Ocean Animals! - Page 2 27wsguh
    Raxar
    Raxar

Post by Raxar Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Hello my name is Raxar, and today I will be explaining and showing to you how an Octopus swims, hunts, and lives in the wonderful ocean.

The octopus is an invertebrate, which means it has no bones and you might have not known but an octopus has 3 hearts! Yes 3! The Octopus also have 8 flexible legs that act as suction cups in which they use to taste and help themselves move across the sea. The octopus also has a funnel on its head, which helps the octopus escaped from predators.

The Habitat of an Octopus is very unique. There are more than 150 types of octopus. Most of the 150 octopi live in tropical or subtropical areas. Different octopi live in different water, some live in shallow water, and others live in deep water. Also some octopi live in different places. For example, some octopi live in the Coral Reef. Also the octopus lives in its den by itself.

An octopus can defend itself from predators such as whales, moray eels, birds, humans, and barracudas. One way an octopus defends itself is by changing its color and texture to match the colors around it. The octopus can also fit into small cracks, which is helpful in hiding from predators. Another way an octopus can escape from predators is by spraying black ink, which has the scent of an octopus. This will confuse the predator to attack the ink. This will give the octopus just enough time to change to the color of white and escape.

Below here, is a picture that I drew myself from paint of a typical octopus:

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Ocotopus

Finally, the life style of the octpus arrives! Ok, so the first thing an octopus does is is the octopus hatches from an egg. Next the octopus grows up into an adult octopus.
    After growing up the octopus mates around age 1 or 2.
    Then the female octopus lays her eggs.
    The octopus guards the eggs until they hatch. At this point the octopus dies.
    Finally we are back to the beginning of the life cycle.

Here is one more picture that I have drawn of yet another typical Octopus: (This one was not paint)

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Octips

Thank You!

-Raxar
    reeter
    reeter

Post by reeter Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

ok there are lots of water animals here are a few sharks,dolphins,whales and seal.The water animalsthat can hold their breat the longest are marine animals shuch as dolphins and whales.Here are some fact about water animals.The great blue whale is the biggest wat animal and the biggest mammale in the world.All water animals are cold blooded(there body tempature changes because of there invirment.those are my facts hope u liked them.here is my grfiti drawing.https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img44/2041/drawingbyreeter.png
    iby101
    iby101

Post by iby101 Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 205d20o
    My research is about crabs Smile

Information:

Crabs are 10-legged animals that walk sideways. There are almost 5,000 different species of crabs; about 4,500 are true crabs, plus about 500 are hermit crabs (hermit crabs don't have a very hard shell and use other animals' old shells for protection). Most crabs live in the oceans, but many, like the robber crab, live on land. Crabs are invertebrates, animals without a backbone
    . Many crabs are omnivores (plant- and meat-eaters), others are carnivores (meat-eaters), and some are herbivores (plant-eaters).

Additional Information:

The biggest crab is the Japanese Spider crab (Macrocheira kaempferi), which lives on the floor of the north Pacific Ocean; it has a 12 ft (3.7 m) leg span. The biggest land crab is the Coconut crab (Birgus latro), which lives on islands in the Pacific Ocean; it has a leg span up to 2.5 ft (75 cm).

And finally, my hand made drawing, using paint.net Smile

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 6tgxae

And my drawing, using the citizen underground wall Very Happy

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 2vtpmid

And here are some images of real life crabs:

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 2e38n0k
    Ocean Animals! - Page 2 2luc1ag
    Ocean Animals! - Page 2 156qweh
    Ocean Animals! - Page 2 2ivh79e

Last edited by iby101 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Darkcartman123
    Darkcartman123

Post by Darkcartman123 Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Well im doing mine on the sponge. Most people dont even know they are alive.Sponges are known for regenerating from fragments that are broken off,
    although this only works if the fragments include the right types of
    cells.A sponge's body is hollow.Most sponges work rather like chimneys, they take in water at the bottom and eject it from the ("little mouth") at the top.
    I hope i win cheers
    Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Star_encrusting_spnge
    chessie123
    chessie123

Post by chessie123 Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Did u know tht if you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white. Fish don't have ears. They hear or feel vibrations along the lateral line of their bodies. A jellyfish is 95% water. A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
    A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes. Electric eels produce enough energy in one shock to light up every room in your house.
    Did u know tht starfish don't hav brains =| Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them fish?
    omg.
    Q: Is the blue shark really blue?
    A:in life the blue shark displays a brilliant blue color on the upper portion of its body and is normally snowy white beneath. The blue quickly fades to dull grey after the shark is killed. The mako and porbeagle sharks also exhibit a blue coloration, but it is not nearly as brilliant as that of a blue shark. In life most sharks are brown, olive, or grayish.
    I like blue do u?
    Q: Do sharks have good eyesight?
    A:Yes it is true that sharks do in fact have very good eyesight. In fact, sharks can see extremely well in dark lighted areas, have fantastic night vision, and can see colours. Avoid wearing bright colours in the water, such as oranges and yellows, as sharks can indeed see them.Ocean Animals! - Page 2 C:\Users\Default.Default-PC\Desktop\The Mathemagic Computer Tutor 1800 280 800\un

Last edited by chessie123 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    samrat4
    samrat4

Post by samrat4 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:11 am

manta ray
    The manta ray (Manta birostris), is the largest of the rays, with the largest known specimen having been more than 7.6 m (about 25 ft) across, with a weight of about 2,300 kg (about 5,000 lb). It ranges throughout tropical waters of the world, typically around coral reefs.

Mantas have been given a variety of common names, including Atlantic manta, Pacific manta, devilfish, and just manta. Recent studies have suggested that what is called manta ray are at least two different species, one smaller local and one much larger and migratory.[2]

behaviour
    Mantas are filter feeders: they feed on plankton, fish larvae and the like, passively filtered from the water passing through their gills as they swim. Small prey organisms are caught on flat horizontal plates of russet-coloured spongy tissue spanning spaces between the manta's gill bars.

Mantas frequent reef-side cleaning stations where small fish such as wrasses and angelfish swim in the manta's gills and over its skin to feed, in the process cleaning it of parasites and removing dead skin.

The predators of the Manta ray are mainly large sharks, however in some circumstances orcas have also been observed preying on them.

Mantas are extremely curious around humans, and are fond of swimming with scuba divers. Although they may approach humans, if touched, their mucus membrane is removed, causing lesions and infections on their skin. They often surface to investigate boats without engines running. They have the largest brain-to-body ratio of the sharks and rays.[3]
    Mantas are known to breach the water into the air.

facts about manta ray

The Manta Ray, the next largest marine species on the Great Barrier Reef following the whales and the whale sharks, can equally be described as both charismatic and 'mega'. They grow to 5 metres in width and weigh several hundred kgs. They are a not-to-be-forgotten experience for any snorkeller or diver who is fortunate enough to see one while underwater. Divers often come into contact with these animals on an ad hoc basis and there are many references to swimming with mantas in the popular literature.

Very Happy Cool samrat4[chobotname] lol!
    sunny
    nuwfall9
    nuwfall9

Post by nuwfall9 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:07 am

ocean animals
    horse-it eat over 100 shrips a day
    shark-fids his dinner and gets it fast
    whale-opens his mouth and let small things go in
    fish-plants,or little fish
    dolphens-fish
    sword fish-fastest fish in the ocean
    tourtes
    tourtes life is hared it haches from a egg but then peredeters come over 100 tourstes come they take a long journey to the sea most die only a few still live like 10.

if i win my name is nuwfall9
    -nuwfall9
    nuwfall9
    nuwfall9

Post by nuwfall9 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 am

a jelly fish
    it does not have a back bone like us humanes the back bones helps to stay strayet thats why jelly fish are not strat a jelly fish can kill.
    fano1
    fano1

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Empty Turtles: Research Contest... From Fano1

Post by fano1 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:17 am

hey hiki i chose the ocean animals the animal i reaserched is turtle here is some information about the turtle: Turtles are one of the oldest animals on our planet.Traces go back to the time of dinosaurs. There are two types of turtles the fresh water turtle and the salt water turtle and they are both purely aquatic tutles and land dwelling turtles. Many of these magnificant reptiles are endangered. Most turtles have hard shells, created from there ribs, that acts a sort of body armour. I hope i win. My name on chobots is Fano1
    Bubu1028
    Bubu1028
    Regular
    Regular

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Empty Seals

Post by Bubu1028 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 am

My name is bubu1028 and im gonna talk about seals.
    With their big, brown eyes and appealing dog-like faces, seals are attractive creatures. They live all over the world, from the frozen wastes of the polar regions, to the tropical beaches in Hawaii, and almost everywhere in between. Like dogs, cats, whales, mice and humans, seals are mammals ・which means that they are warm-blooded and suckle their young. Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Th_seall
    edytza007
    edytza007

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Empty Dolphins:D

Post by edytza007 Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:28 am

Dolphins are marine mammals that are closely related to whales and porpoises. There are almost forty species of dolphin in seventeen genera. They vary in size from 1.2 m (4 ft) and 40 kg (90 lb) (Maui's Dolphin), up to 9.5 m (30 ft) and 10 tonnes (9.8 LT; 11 ST) (the Orca or Killer Whale). They are found worldwide, mostly in the shallower seas of the continental shelves, and are carnivores, mostly eating fish and squid. The family Delphinidae is the largest in the Cetacea, and relatively recent: dolphins evolved about ten million years ago, during the Miocene. Dolphins are considered to be amongst the most intelligent of animals and their often friendly appearance and seemingly playful attitude have made them popular in human culture.
    ~edytza007

Post by 123456 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 am

A fish is any aquatic vertebrate animal that is typically ectothermic (or cold-blooded), covered with scales, and equipped with two sets of paired fins and several unpaired fins. Fish are abundant in the sea and in fresh water, with species being known from mountain streams (e.g., char and gudgeon) as well as in the deepest depths of the ocean (e.g., gulpers and anglerfish).

Food prepared from fish is also called fish, and it is an important food source for humans. They are harvested either from wild fisheries (see fishing) or farmed in much the same way as cattle or chickens (see aquaculture). They are also exploited by recreational fishers and fishkeepers, and are exhibited in public aquaria. Fish have had a role in many cultures through the ages, ranging from deities and religious symbols to the subjects of books and popular movies.study

My chobot name is:
    aleks64
    floppyjacky
    floppyjacky

Post by floppyjacky Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 am

http://www.whale-images.com/data/media/2/sea-animals_24.jpg
    floppyjacky
    floppyjacky

Post by floppyjacky Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:27 am

oops sorry that was for my friend to see the website
    floppyjacky
    floppyjacky

Post by floppyjacky Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 am

Sharks have a variety of body shapes. Most sharks have streamlined, torpedo-shaped bodies that glide easily through the water. Some bottom-dwelling sharks (e.g. the angelshark) have flattened bodies that allow them to hide in the sand of the ocean bed. Some sharks have an elongated body shape (e.g., cookiecutter sharks and wobbegongs). Sawsharks have elongated snouts, thresher sharks have a tremendously elongated upper tail fin which they use to stun prey, and hammerheads have extraordinarily wide heads. The goblin shark has a large, pointed protuberance on its head; its purpose is unknown.Sharks are amazing fish that have been around since long before the dinosaurs existed. They live in waters all over the world, in every ocean, and even in some rivers and lakes.

Unlike bony fish, sharks have no bones; their skeleton is made of cartilage, which is a tough, fibrous substance, not nearly as hard as bone. Sharks also have no swim bladder (unlike bony fish).Sharks are a type of fish that have no bones, only cartilage. Some parts of their skeleton, like their vertebrae, are calcified. Cartilage, a strong fibrous substance, is softer than bone; our nose and ears are made of cartilage.

Sharks belong to the group of fishes called Elasmobranchii, which also includes the rays, skates, and ratfish. The Elasmobranchii are all fish that have no bones, only cartilage. Sharks may have up to 3,000 teeth at one time. Most sharks do not chew their food, but gulp it down whole it in large pieces. The teeth are arranged in rows; when one tooth is damaged or lost, it is replaced by another. Most sharks have about 5 rows of teeth at any time. The front set is the largest and does most of the work.From floppyjacky
    floppyjacky
    floppyjacky

Post by floppyjacky Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:32 am

The Octopus: The word octopus means "eight feet." Octopuses are solitary, eight-armed animals that live on the ocean floor. There are over 100 different species of octopuses. The Giant Octopus is the biggest octopus. This huge mollusk is up to 23 ft (7 m) from arm tip to arm tip, weighing up to 400 pounds (182 kg). The smallest is the Californian octopus, which is only 3/8 inch (1 cm) long.

Anatomy: An octopus has a soft body and eight arms. Each arm has two rows of suction cups. If it loses an arm, it will eventually regrow another arm. It has blue blood. An octopus has an eye on each side of its head and has very good eyesight. An octopus cannot hear.

Diet: Octopuses eat small crabs and scallops, plus some snails, fish, turtles, crustaceans (like shrimp), and other octopuses. They catch prey with their arms, then kill it by biting it with their tough beak, paralyzing the prey with a nerve poison, and softening the flesh. They then "REPORT ME! I AM SWEARING" out the flesh. Octopuses hunt mostly at night. Only the Australian Blue-ringed octopus has a poison strong enough to kill a person.

Protection: Octopuses live in dens, spaces under rocks, crevices on the sea floor, or holes they dig under large rocks. Octopuses pile rocks to block the front of their den. The den protects them from predators (like moray eels) and provides a place to lay eggs and care for them (a mother octopus doesn't eat during the entire 1 to 2 months she is caring for her eggs). In order to escape predators, octopuses can squirt black ink into the water, allowing the octopus to escape. Another defense that octopuses have is changing their skin color to blend into the background, camouflaging themselves. The octopus swims by spewing water from its body, a type of jet propulsion.
    floppyjacky
    floppyjacky

Post by floppyjacky Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:34 am

Jellyfish, or Sea Jellies are made up mostly of water. There are over 200 species within just the class of scyphozoans, the most popular being the saucer shaped Moon Jelly, Aurelia aurita, and all are marine free-swimming medusa.

A jellyfish's body is made up of two layers, in between is a jellylike substance. Jellyfish posses no distinct head, digestive or structural organs, and all possess Cnidae, which are specially modified stinging cells also called nematocyst. Douse stings with vinegar and apply ice for pain. IMMEDIATE medical attention may be required for severe reactions.

Jellyfish feed on small plankton animals that they capture within their tentacles. Freshly hatched and enriched brine shrimp, Artemia, has been the substitute for plankton.

The midwater, or mesopelagic zone, located between the ocean's photosynthetic surface and the sea's deep dark bethnic layer, only accounts for one quarter of the entire ocean and yet it contains the majority of the ocean's biomass.

The midwater region is where sunlight's reach is too weak for photosynthetic organisms. The only light found here is produced by bioluminescence from the living inhabitants. Bioluminescence is a frequent characteristic of midwater animals.

A plankton Kreisel and jellyfish tank are uniquely designed. Water flow is introduce in a method called laminar flow. This creates a gentle flow that keeps the jellyfish in suspension. This streamline flow also helps to separate debris in a manner as to not draw the jellies into the filter system.

Midwater Systems has developed a custom acrylic jellyfish tank, called the Jelliquarium, and is working on holding systems used to keep these midwater collections and gelatinous organisms in suspension.from floppyjacky and the one on octopus is mine too study king study study study albino study study
    Mimja
    Mimja

Ocean Animals! - Page 2 Empty Ocean Animals

Post by Mimja Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:34 am

The oceans teem with both animal and plant life, some very familiar, some strange.

Cetaceans (whales and dolphins) along with Pinnipeds (seals and sea lions) represent two orders of ocean animals often seen close to shore and familiar to almost everyone.

The intertidal zone, another phrase that means close to shore, refers to the area between the ocean and the land that regularly reveals itself as the twice daily tide moves to and from the shoreline. It also provides a home to many interesting ocean animals.

The types of intertidal animals present in any give place, often depends on the type of intertidal zone in question, rocky or sandy. Sand dollars, for example, are found along sandy beaches at low tide, while chiton are typically found on rocky beaches along the rocky intertidal zone.

An ocean (from Greek O?ea???, Okeanos (Oceanus)) is a major body of saline water, and a principal component of the hydrosphere.

Most of the ocean animals listed here are found close to shore and in the intertidal zone, as well as throughout the oceans.

Using the more scientific term of phylum (large groups of animals organized by physical similarities), the animals here represent six of the most common ocean animal phyla:

* Phylum: Mollusca - Mollusks (Chiton, Limpet, Sea Hare)
    * Phylum Echinodermata - Echinoderms (Sea Cucumber, Sea Star, Sand Dollar)
    * Phylum Arthropoda - Anthroods (Striped Shore Crab, Spiny Lobster, Hermit Crab)
    * Phylum Chordata - Chordates (Seahorse and the Marine Mammals)
    * Phylum Cnidaria - Cnidarians (Jellyfish and Sea Anemone)
    * Phylum Annelida - Annelids (Sea Worm)

Sea Life
    Ichthyology: The science and study of Fish.
    Fish Species Lists
    Crustaceans: Shrimps, Lobsters, Crabs, Barnacles
    Cnidaria: Jelly Fish, Corals, Sea Anemones
    Mollusks: Cephalopods (Octopi, Squids, Cuttle Fish, Nautilus)
    Bivalves (Clams, Oysters, Scallops, Mussels)
    Gastropods (Snails and Slugs)
    Polyplacophora (Chitons)
    Porifera: Sponges
    Echinoderms: Star Fish, Sea Urchins, Sea Cucumbers
    Anguilliformes: Eels
    Tetraodontidae: Puffers, Blowfish, Porcupine Fish
    Syngnathidae: Seahorse, Pipefish, Seadragons
    Sea Turtles Sea Turtle Information for Florida and around the world
    Sharks & Rays
    Marine Mammals: Dolphins & Whales (Cetaceans)
    Manatee/Dugongs (Sirenids)
    Walrus, Seals, Sea Lions (Pinnipeds)
    Sea Otter
    Sea Birds Penguins, Puffins
    Sea Life Protection Adopt a Sea Critter and Conservation Information
    Biological
    Oceanography
    Aquariums Aquariums and Fish Cams
    Cryptozoology Legendary Sea Creatures (Sea Serpents, Sea Monsters, etc.)

Oceans cover almost 3/4 of the Earth's surface and contain roughly 97% of the Earth's water supply. Life on Earth originated in the salty seas, and contines to be home to an incredibly diverse web of life.

The Earth's oceans are all connected to one another. There are five oceans: the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic, and Southern. There are also many seas (smaller branches of an ocean); seas are partly enclosed by land. The largest seas are the South China Sea, the Caribbean Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea.

To find out why the oceans are salty and what causes waves and tides, click here.
    floppyjacky
    floppyjacky

Post by floppyjacky Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:37 am

Seahorses are a type of small fish that have armored plates all over their body (they don't have scales). There are about 50 different species of seahorses around the world. They live in seaweed beds in warm water and are very slow swimmers. Seahorses can change their color to camouflage (hide) themselves in order to hide from enemies. The most unusual seahorse is the Australian sea horse, which has leaf-like camouflage all over its body, making it almost disappear in the seaweed bed.

Anatomy: Seahorses have a long, horse-like head (hence their name) and a curled tail. Seahorses range in size from under a centimeter long (Pygmy Seahorses) to about 1 foot (30 cm) long.

Reproduction: The female seahorse produces eggs, but they are held inside the male's body until they hatch; he is pregnant for about 40 to 50 days. The sea horse is the only animal in which the father is pregnant.

Classification: Kingdom: Animalia (animals), Phylum: Chordata, Class: Osteichthyes (bony fish), Order: Gasterosteiformes (armored, small-mouthed fish), Family: Syngnathidae (pipe fish), Genus: Hippocampus (meaning "horse sea monster" in Greek), and many species. study king lol!
    floppyjacky
    floppyjacky

Post by floppyjacky Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:39 am

Of all the colorful fish within the a coral reef some of the most striking are the angelfishes. These species of fishes can be broken down into three generalized groups, the larger angels and thier juveniles, and the dwarf, pygmy ( centropyge species ) angels.

These larger angels can attain sizes of over 12 inches. As they pass from the juvenile stage into adults they their colors and patterns can change as well. Take for example the Imperator Angels whose juvenile pattern is white circles on a blue body. As they become an adult this pattern changes to blue and yellow wavy horizontal lines.

It is thought that these color and patterns may signify domanance within a group or harem. It is also felt that the various colors and patterns give the fish a greater camouflage capability, especially taking into consideration how colors changes as the depth of water ( or lack of light ) increases. Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm