Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
tobys10
allmodsrule
Flamedog
reeter
Yhanz
ashley_cool_girl
shadow4ever09
Gobblers
nicynicy
XxMcho04xX
kingchinny22
Jessie2000
Dpart544
norgolbo
djvilas
Crashcrazy
merlinstefan
heatblast
Belugaboy
Bubu1028
Jedilachlan
scal9red
andrei93
aian55
alvyblue09
rickyglam
maneeya
dullskull
smash
Kool_Man
Nintendo Dsi
Seether
kukazu
niebresjok
floppyj10
m0nd0808-8970
tzvi
Puffles
Admin
43 posters

Pyramids!!!

nuwfall9
    nuwfall9

Pyramids!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Pyramids!!!

Post by nuwfall9 Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:40 pm

A pyramid is a building where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point. The base of a pyramid is usually trilateral or quadrilateral (but may be of any polygon shape), meaning that a pyramid usually has four or five faces. A pyramid's design, with the majority of the weight closer to the ground, means that less material higher up on the pyramid will be pushing down from above: this allowed early civilizations to create stable monumental structures.
    nuwfall9
    nuwfall9

Post by nuwfall9 Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:40 pm

A pyramid is a building where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point. The base of a pyramid is usually trilateral or quadrilateral (but may be of any polygon shape), meaning that a pyramid usually has four or five faces. A pyramid's design, with the majority of the weight closer to the ground, means that less material higher up on the pyramid will be pushing down from above: this allowed early civilizations to create stable monumental structures.
    m0nd0808-8970
    m0nd0808-8970
    Regular
    Regular

Post by m0nd0808-8970 Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 pm

nuwfall, try to refrain from double posting, and thanks hikikomori!
    shunkyia
    shunkyia

Post by shunkyia Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 pm

this is what i found out about pyraminds
    shunkyia
    shunkyia

Post by shunkyia Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 pm

A pyramid is a building where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point. The base of a pyramid is usually trilateral or quadrilateral (but may be of any polygon shape), meaning that a pyramid usually has four or five faces. A pyramid's design, with the majority of the weight closer to the ground,[1] means that less material higher up on the pyramid will be pushing down from above: this allowed early civilizations to create stable monumental structures.

For thousands of years, the largest structures on Earth were pyramids: first the Red Pyramid in the Dashur Necropolis and then the Great Pyramid of Khufu, the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still remaining. The largest pyramid ever built, by volume, is the Great Pyramid of Cholula, in the Mexican state of Puebla. This pyramid is still being excavated.
    this is so intresting
    shunkyia
    shunkyia

Post by shunkyia Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:05 pm

A pyramid is a building where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point. The base of a pyramid is usually trilateral or quadrilateral (but may be of any polygon shape), meaning that a pyramid usually has four or five faces. A pyramid's design, with the majority of the weight closer to the ground,[1] means that less material higher up on the pyramid will be pushing down from above: this allowed early civilizations to create stable monumental structures. the pyramid as been around for ever i think i think pyraminds are awsome i hope what i have writen here makes you think pyramids are awsome to!!

For thousands of years, the largest structures on Earth were pyramids: first the Red Pyramid in the Dashur Necropolis and then the Great Pyramid of Khufu, the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still remaining. The largest pyramid ever built, by volume, is the Great Pyramid of Cholula, in the Mexican state of Puebla. This pyramid is still being excavated.
    i really hope i get a f flag
    farao
    nuwfall9
    nuwfall9

Post by nuwfall9 Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:55 am

sorry bronze i did not understand what you said
    shunkyia
    shunkyia

Post by shunkyia Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:22 pm

sooo is this going well for you hiki and nuwfall9
    heater123
    heater123

Post by heater123 Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:17 am

There are about 110 pyramids currently known in Egypt, many in a state of great disrepair and almost unrecognisable. Some were built as burial places for kings and others for queens. A pyramid also may have represented a stairway for the king to ascend to the heavens. Another possibility is that it was symbolic of the primeval mound on which the sun god/creator was born.

How the Egyptians managed the complex organisation of labour and the physical movement of large stone blocks is still a matter for debate. Pyramid construction may have involved ramps being erected around the pyramid. Blocks of stone would have been pulled up on sledges and the ramps dismantled later. It is believed that most of the labour for the construction of the pyramids would have come from farmers who were available during the inundation season when the Nile River flooded and farmland was underwater. It would also have been an ideal time for the transportation by boat of large stone blocks from their quarries to the pyramid sites.
    farao
    Jhadow
    Jhadow

Post by Jhadow Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:24 am

where's my topic???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 am