Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My earth research

Gama2xo

My earth research Empty My earth research

Post by Gama2xo Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:12 pm

What a Face hey guys gama here with an earth research!
    Ancient Greek Science
    The Greeks were very interested in science as a way of organizing the world and making order out of chaos, and having power over some very powerful things like oceans and weather. From about 600 BC, a lot of Greek men spent time observing the planets and the sun and trying to figure out how astronomy worked. They must have gotten their first lessons from the Babylonians, who were very good at astronomy and also very interested in it. By the 400's BC, Pythagoras was interested in finding the patterns and rules in mathematics and music, and invented the idea of a mathematical proof. Although Greek women usually were not allowed to study science, Pythagoras did have some women among his students. Socrates, a little bit later, developed logical methods for deciding whether something was true or not.
    In the 300's BC, Aristotle and other philosophers at the Lyceum and the Academy in Athens worked on observing plants and animals, and organizing the different kinds of plants and animals into types. Again, this is a way of creating order out of chaos.
    After Aristotle, using his ideas and also ideas from Egypt and the Persians and Indians, Hippocrates and other Greek doctors wrote important medical texts that were used for hundreds of years.
    whew that was a bit of history and sceince wasnt it
    Sleep (dont sleep in the classroom Razz)
    gama
    Puffles
    Puffles
    Agent
    Agent

My earth research Empty Re: My earth research

Post by Puffles Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:24 am

For several centuries after the fall of the Roman Empire, the Greek scientific findings and writings were lost to Western Civilization. Then, around 1100, the "West" was reintroduced to many of these works via a mini-Renaissance.
    unni

Post by unni Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:28 am

good i am posting some history too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am