Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
ChoGirl (Chobots.de)
Sanjam
Jhadow
Jedilachlan
Omar
piecommander
blueflames1
chessie123
elise__23
½
Potter909
Kool_Man
XxMcho04xX
Flamedog
Dpart544
julianaprestes@yahoo.com
Mimja
Gamerz
unni
Bubu1028
Darkcartman123
Sisant
wildfire10
Bakugon
zigzag1994
vintage
aqua144
Gmailchatter
frosty44
bube077
confetti
patobranco1
Nathaniel9909
Ryan246
Shrinkychick
rickyglam
shadow4ever09
Cptestninja
Hikikomori
43 posters

Important Inventions!

julianaprestes@yahoo.com
    julianaprestes@yahoo.com

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Empty The Wheel

Post by julianaprestes@yahoo.com Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:58 am

Hi my chobots name is Atena i am under 13 but my mom is posting this. Hope you like it.

The wheel was one of the early inventions that changed the way humans lived. We see it everyday. On bikes,cars,trucks,planes,toys, and so many more. It was said that it was invented the 4th century B.C. by the Mesopotamians. Starting from wood carts and wagons long ago, people found out more uses for it over time. And now we see it daily. Imagine a day without the wheel. You wouldn't be able to ride you bike to school. You wouldn't be able to drive to your friend's house. Imagine traveling across the country on foot because we didn't have planes. The Wheel, even though it was invented a long time ago, it still affects the way we live.

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Wheel_10

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Wheel_12
    Dpart544
    Dpart544
    Regular
    Regular

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Empty Important Inventions- Artificial Immunisation

Post by Dpart544 Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:46 am

Artificial Immunisation was developed by the Scientist, Edward Jenner in 1746. He first realised that when milkmaids milked the cows they developed a disease known as Cowpox. The milkmaids usually then were immune from getting the disease know as Smallpox (a very common disease in the 1700's). He tested his theory on an 8 year old boy called James Phipps. He injected the pus of a Cowpox boil into James and he developed it. After he had been cured from the Cowpox, Jenner injected Smallpox pus from a Smallpox boil into James in which the boy did not develop the disease and of course didn't die.
    This medical break-through has helped save lives for hundreds of years and has been a miraculous way of preventing people from getting often fatal disease such as Smallpox and Measles. In the year 1840, the Government banned variolation and introduced Artificial Immunisation to the Public. Nowadays, every new born baby must get numerous vaccinations to protect them (for the rest of their lives) from Measles, Mumps, Rubella and other diseases known to affect young children badly. As our knowledge of Science and Medicine develop we can begin to make vaccinations for more complecated diseases and maybe even one day, a vaccination for things like Cancer.
    Vaccinations have changed the world we live in and will continue to help save lives of everyone that receives them. Very HappyImportant Inventions! - Page 2 Ow11

Last edited by Dpart544 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed Picture)
    Flamedog
    Flamedog

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Empty Re: Important Inventions!

Post by Flamedog Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:34 am

One of the most important inventions today is the 'Bed'
    Because without a Bed we would have to sleep on the floor and we would eventually get really tired and depressed.
    Sometimes if you sleep without a Bed it can cause your Back to bend and De-Form.
    Hope this helps..and remember....Sleep On A Bed Smile
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Bed12

Chobots Name: Flamedog
    XxMcho04xX
    XxMcho04xX

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Empty The Wheel!

Post by XxMcho04xX Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:12 pm

I tried somthing different for this... I attempted a picture!! Attempted! Lol I will begin with some info on how the wheel was so influencial and in so many places!

The wheel is used in: all our cars, trains, planes, machines, wagons, and most factory and farm equipment. Wow! now thats a lot of usage! Think of this question too "what could we move without wheels?" Besides manual pencil lifting Exclamation Embarassed But as important as the wheel is as an invention, we don't know who exactly made the first wheel! Uh oh...
    The oldest wheel found in archeological excavations was discovered in what was Mesopotamia and is believed to be over fifty-five hundred years old! As you can see in my drawing the wheel is bigger than the stick people! That wasent quite accurate but in some cases wheels are bigger than people! How about monster trucks?! A ferris- wheel! The wheel was so influencial that the next time you drive to school or go to your cousins, or whatever with a car... look at the wheels on the car... and on passing by cars... observe the differences and the awsomeness!

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Wheel210

Thank you kindly! I hope you learned somthing here! Smile
    Kool_Man
    Kool_Man
    Author
    Author

Post by Kool_Man Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Fascinating facts about the invention of the
    telephone by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876..

TELEPHONE
    AT A GLANCE: The Telephone
    Probably no means of communication has revolutionized the daily lives of ordinary people more than the telephone. The actual history of the telephone is a subject of complex dispute. The controversy began with the success of the invention and continues today. Some of the inventors credited with inventing the telephone include Antonio Meucci, Philip Reis, Elisha Gray and Alexander Graham Bell. Bell's experiments with his assistant Thomas Watson finally proved successful on March 10, 1876, when the first complete sentence was transmitted: "Watson,come here; I want you.".
    Invention: telephone on March 10, 1876

Definition: noun / tel·e·phone
    Function: An instrument which converts sound, specifically the human voice, to electrical impulses of various frequencies and then back to a tone that sounds like the original voice.t
    Patent(s): 174,465 (US) issued March 7, 1876 filed February 14, 1876
    161,739 (US) issued April 6, 1875 filed March 6, 1875
    Inventor: Alexander Graham Bell

Criteria; First practical. Modern prototype. Entrepreneur.
    Birth: March 3, 1847, in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Death: August 2, 1922, at Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Nationality: American
    Potter909
    Potter909
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Potter909 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:21 am

Telephones
    When Alexander Graham Bell invented a very simple telephone in 1876, he could not have imagined its importance. Today, millions of phone calls are made everyday around the world.
    When you speak into a phone the sound of your voice is changed into an electrical signal. This signal travels down a wire and is changed back into a voice sound by the phone at the other end. Long distance calls to other countries travel through undersea cables or are bounces off satallites.
    Cordless Phone
    This phone is like the normal one except the two parts are not joined by a cord. The 'base' unit is plugged into a wall socket and recieves the call, which sends on to the handset up to 100 metres away.

Mobile Phones
    These are radio phones that can be taken almost anywhere. Your phone call travels by radio waves to a nearby transmitter, then through the phone wires to a central computer that passes it on to the person your calling.
    Here is a picture of an old phone:
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Old-telephone
    A modern telephone:
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Feature_Caller_ID_Telephone
    ½
    ½

Post by ½ Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:09 am

Here are some nice inventions:
    Fax Machines:
    Fax machines can send copies of printed material around the world in seconds. They work by transmitting the material through a telephone line. The sender's fax machine scans a document or picture,turns it into electrical signals and sends it like a phone call to another receiving fax machine is able to interpret these signals and turn them back into a picture.
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Fax-machine
    The Computer:
    The computer is changing out lives faster than anything has ever done before. This machine collects information,sorts it, and stores it in the computer's memory. When you ask it questions, it instantly sorts through the memory and organises all the information in the best way to answer your question in less than a second.
    We have been feeding information on every subject into computers for years now. As they can now be linked up to 'talk' to each other, all this information is available in seconds for science, business and education and general use.
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Computer
    elise__23
    elise__23

Post by elise__23 Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:44 am

i made a few :DD
    hope u like Smile
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Ao48dg

Important Inventions! - Page 2 33y0u90

Important Inventions! - Page 2 33ojs7a

thx
    chessie123
    chessie123

Post by chessie123 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:53 am

This is about the calender: For many centuries, ancient Greeks - like Babylonians and Egyptians of the same period - divided their 30-day months into three "decades" of ten days. (Egyptians called their ten-day period decans.) The biggest change in calendars was brought about by Julius Caesar in 46 BC. Caesar, taking advice from an astronomer named Sosigenes, extended that year (46 BC) to a total of between 443 and 445 days. He then extended future calendars to 365 days a year. The 365 day calendar is called the Julian Calendar in his honour. The biggest change in calendars was brought about by Julius Caesar in 46 BC. Caesar, taking advice from an astronomer named Sosigenes, extended that year (46 BC) to a total of between 443 and 445 days. He then extended future calendars to 365 days a year. The 365 day calendar is called the Julian Calendar in his honour.
    The Swimming pool:
    Archaeologists have found evidence of swimming as an organised activity as far back as 2500 B.C. in Egypt. It was also popular in ancient Greece, Rome and Assyria.
    The toilet:
    The toilet was created and then improved by many people over the last 500 years – in fact, it continues to be "reinvented" to this day. But the very first flush toilet was invented by Sir John Harington in the 16th century for Queen Elizabeth in her palace at Richmond, Surrey. Back then it was called a "water closet."
    Although a Godson to the Queen herself, Sir Harington was a bit of a rebel and was banished twice by the Queen for translating or writing material that she found offensive – including a description of the uses of a flush toilet. Harington's invention was seen as a joke to his English peers, so his toilet did not catch on in his lifetime.
    I hope you liked my short info;) sorry i couldn't get a pic but i had 1, for some reason it wasn't uploading affraid

Last edited by chessie123 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blueflames1
    blueflames1

Post by blueflames1 Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:42 am

http://tinypic.com/r/8wwfic/5
    this is my important invention of history
    piecommander
    piecommander

Post by piecommander Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi its me Piecommander and today i will show you some amazing inventions by using a little invention of my own!
    My Time Machine!

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Time_m10

The telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell and it was invented on March 10th, 1876.Very Happy Important Inventions! - Page 2 1876_bell_speaking_into_first-phoneImportant Inventions! - Page 2 Telephone4

The light bulb was invented by Thomas Edison and it was invented in 1879. I have my own light bulb too! Thanks to Edison!
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Bulb10
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Thomas_edison

Ferdinand Verbiest invented the first car in 1672 and it was powered by steam. It was a steam car! Here are some pics of steam cars.Important Inventions! - Page 2 180px-1912_Staney_steam_carImportant Inventions! - Page 2 Steamcar Very Happy

The inventor of the television isn't really one inventor. They all did something to do with television. Ok here they are, John Logie Baird was the first one to publicly demonstrate television on 26th January 1926. Philo Farnsworth who researched the television picture transmission and developed the dissector tube, which is the basic element of all current electronic televisions. Also Philo became the first inventor to transmit a television image in 1927.
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Saba_schauinsland2Important Inventions! - Page 2 10405933

Orville Wright(1871-1948) and Wilbur Wright(1867-1912) invented the first ever aeroplane. Their successful flight was in December 1903!
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Orville_wright_airplane_1909_poster-p228423128381728592qzz0_400Important Inventions! - Page 2 Worlds_first_airplane_2
    ½
    ½

Post by ½ Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 am

Airplanes:
    The first flight took place on December 17th 1903 when Wilbur and Orville Wright took off at Carolina,USA. Although they only reached a height of 260m, it proved that humans could fly.
    Passenger Carriers:
    Concorde:
    Designed and built by Britain and France together, Concorde is the world's fastest passenger aircraft. Flying at 2,170Kph, Concorde can fly from Paris to New York in 3 and a half hours with up yo 139 passengers. To increase its smooth shape, Concorde's nose can be raised or lowered.
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Concorde
    Boeing 747:
    Known as the 'Jumbo', this huge aircraft can carry more passengers than any other, over 500. It has two decks and its four engines give it a top speed of 969Kph.
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Boeing747-8New
    Lear Jet:
    This sleek little two-engined jet can only carry ten passengers. It is mainly used by large companies for business travel.
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Lear%20Jet
    Helicopters:
    The helicopter is a wonderful machine. It does not have the speed of a normal plane,but it can go anywhere and do work that no other aircraft can. The helicoper does not have wings, it has aa large rotor on top that is like a propeller, each blade of the rotor can be tilted to give lift. The whole spinning rotor can then be tilted and the helicopter will move off in that direction, forward,sideways,even backwards.The little rotor on the tail stops the aircraft from spinning like a top.
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 Helicopter_-_Cartoon_1
    Omar
    Omar
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Omar Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:59 am

Wow those are really interesting facts!!

-Omar
    Jedilachlan
    Jedilachlan

Post by Jedilachlan Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Hello Guyz and Galz,

There are a lot of inportant inventions such as a computer, without a computer we could not play Chobots.

Also some other inportant inventions includes microwaves, televisions and last not but least the telephone.

Below Are Some Facts About Television:
    Television (TV) is a widely used telecommunication medium for transmitting and receiving moving images, either monochromatic ("black and white") or color, usually accompanied by sound. "Television" may also refer specifically to a television set, television programming or television transmission. The word is derived from mixed Latin and Greek roots, meaning "far sight": Greek tele (τῆλε), far, and Latin visio, sight (from video, vis- to see, or to view in the first person).

Below is a timeline of inventions:
    Important Inventions! - Page 2 2eyxhev

I hope you enjoyed my facts and learnt something, I know I learnt something

Also if I win this contest, and I can choose the colour of the V-flag, may I please have it pink!

Jedilachlan
    Jhadow
    Jhadow

Post by Jhadow Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:50 pm

Alexander Graham Bell was born on 3 March 1847. He was born in Scotland, but moved to America as an adult. He is known as the inventor of the telephone.

Bell had a strong imagination and an inquiring mind and created his first invention when he was 15 years old. He made a model of a skull and voice box and with a pair of bellows blew air through this instrument, to produce human-like sounds. The story is that Bell made this instrument cry "ma ma" like a baby, at which a
    neighbour rushed to look for it, only to discover the sound actually came from Bell’s device.

Bell’s passion for invention and experimentation grew with age. One of his ideas was that of sending sounds along electric telegraph wires. Graham called this the ‘harmonic telegraph’. He wanted to create a way to send telegraph messages along lines as tones, instead of simple electric currents. By this means, if different tones were used for different messages, he believed multiple messages might be sent simultaneously.

Bell mixed in wealthy and powerful circles due to his father’s success in the field of teaching the deaf. One of these people was Gardiner Greene Hubbard. Hubbard was impressed with Bell’s idea of the ‘harmonic telegraph’ and he funded Bell in his aim to create this invention. It was created in April 1875.

At this time Bell met a technician called Thomas Augustus Watson. Bell and Watson took the ‘harmonic telegraph’ a step further and began to think of a way of sending speech down wires. This was the beginning of Bell’s creation of the telephone. Together they were able to send sounds along wires, but it would be later in his life that Bell would discover how to transmit whole speech.

By October 1875 Bell had designed the telephone and by March 1876 it was built. Bell’s telephone finally carried real articulate speech. It is said that Bell called into the latest model "Mr Watson, come here, I want you", and Watson ran down the hall to him, having heard every word from another room.

Once a working model had been made, Bell took his model to the Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition. One of the judges exclaimed: "My God, it talks", and another described it as: "the most marvellous thing I have seen in America".

Following from this success, Bell set up the Bell Telephone Company in July 1877. In 1879, at the age of just 32, Bell stepped down from the board of the Bell Telephone Company a very wealthy and famous man. Bell retired early and married Mabel Hubbard, daughter of Gardiner Greene Hubbard. He continued to invent during his retirement and worked energetically as a philanthropist. He remained happily married and had two daughters.

Alexander Graham Bell died on 2 August 1922, at the age of 75. By the time of his death there were around 14 million telephones in the USA alone. On the day of Bell’s funeral, the USA and Canada paid tribute to him by closing down their telephone systems for a minute’s silence.
    hope i get a V-flag study
    chobots name: jhadow
    chessie123
    chessie123

Post by chessie123 Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:42 am

uh dude, the contest is long ova
    Sanjam
    Sanjam

Post by Sanjam Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:25 am

Wheels! lol
    ChoGirl (Chobots.de)
    ChoGirl (Chobots.de)
    Team Leader
    Team Leader

Post by ChoGirl (Chobots.de) Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:13 am

what?
    Gmailchatter
    Gmailchatter
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gmailchatter Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Wow such great entrys
    kakashi423
    kakashi423

Important Inventions! - Page 2 Empty drawing

Post by kakashi423 Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:12 am

here is my drawingImportant Inventions! - Page 2 Cool_b11
    Gumi Maci
    Gumi Maci
    Author
    Author

Post by Gumi Maci Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:36 am

I dont think ill do this one i did the one around the world =) it already has like 500 views and the topic has only been put on today!
    Herip..
    billybubble
    billybubble
    Author
    Author

Post by billybubble Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:17 am

Great Topics guys! Smile
    I'm amazed from your information! study
    smartdetective
    smartdetective

Post by smartdetective Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:40 am

congratsz Very Happy

-smartdetective

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content