Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
daggron
odd300
sightens
angus600
benosss
swifty
ChoGirl (Chobots.de)
dannyotoy
chobotreeter
Purplerox92
JenniD5
trashawna
Plunder
vintage
Thunder101
Yolande
mousyblack
will
Betatester1
jonnyyyyy88
zildj1
GreenpopperOnChobots
elise__23
mrman1012nd
jellzyeahh111
axceler8t
muttly
Newy82
aqua144
Gypman142
z3hn
kash50905
phan
fusty
Bubu1028
Yhanz
username123456
Guguzi
bigben2
lendso
Hikikomori
45 posters

The Most Famous Bridges!

daggron
    daggron

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Most Famous Bridges!

Post by daggron Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:13 am

Hi again HIKI I hope u r good and healthy ...... so now I'll talk about the (GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE) .. so how to start ummmm . ok I'll go direct in the post hope u like it (Look Down.. again)

The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay onto the Pacific Ocean. As part of both U.S. Route 101 and California State Route 1, it connects the city of San Francisco on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula to Marin County. The Golden Gate Bridge was the longest suspension bridge span in the world when it was completed during the year 1937, and has become an internationally recognized symbol of San Francisco and California. Since its completion, the span length has been surpassed by eight other bridges. It still has the second longest suspension bridge main span in the United States, after the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge in New York City. In 2007, it was ranked fifth on the List of America's Favorite Architecture by the American Institute of Architects.

thats all I know about hope u like it cya bye

Last edited by daggron on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Guguzi
    Guguzi
    Agent
    Agent

Post by Guguzi Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:52 am

angus600 wrote:Suspended almost 4000 feet above the Colorado River, close to the sky, on the edge of the Grand Canyon, the Glass Bridge is meant to create the most profound connection between humans and the wonders of nature.
    The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 Grand_canyon_skyroad_12

I think here is some problem... I can't see your picture... there is written site adress.....
    mrman1012nd
    mrman1012nd

Post by mrman1012nd Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 am

Smile wow loads of great pics and info! Very Happy
    elise__23
    elise__23

Post by elise__23 Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:01 pm

i did another Smile
    hope you like Smile

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 124hidi
    elise__23
    elise__23

Post by elise__23 Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:26 pm

i did this.. lol Smile

hope ya like Smile

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 Fkyyaw
    Agent_Artic288
    Agent_Artic288

Post by Agent_Artic288 Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Hey Hikomagnet! Smile

If you would like to see my Earth research, go to this link. Smile

http://chobotbloger.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-earth-research.html

I had to do alot of study

And please check out these links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtCHLFAIMRY

And...

http://chobotbloger.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-best-art.html

Hope I win! I always wanted a item from Vayersoft. Very Happy
    GreenpopperOnChobots
    GreenpopperOnChobots

Post by GreenpopperOnChobots Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:04 pm

swifty wrote:The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 2s650n9

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 2qjg4mp

5 minutes later Crying or Very sad

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 Mshbex

I hope you like my entry

~Swifty~
    clubchobot.blogspot.com

sorry dude, same here some dude ruined my art too Razz
    jermy777
    jermy777

Post by jermy777 Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:49 am

brooklyn bridge and the golden gate bridge and the fastest bird is a Spine-tailed swift, also known as the White-throated Needletail (scientific name: Hirundapus caudacutus) lol i looked it up hopefully i dont get any points off but if i win can i get a white v flag
    my chobot name is jermy777
    ~jermy777~
    jermy777
    jermy777

Post by jermy777 Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:52 am

this is part 2 of my first comment above mine The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest bird, and in fact the fastest animal on the planet, when in its hunting dive, the stoop, in which it soars to a great height, then dives steeply at speeds of over 200 mph but the other bird i posted was the fasted bird going at a straight angle, for the bridges thing the not so famouse but the longest bridge and if it didnt igsest america wouldnt be as like butifal as it is now it connected the tip of russia and alaska and it was all ice it was no dought the biggest bridge but not the most famouse i dont know the name of it but u get the point if i win i would like a white vflag as a said in my first post and my name on chobots
    is jermy777
    ~jermy777~
    ps this is part 2 of my first post lol!
    mrman1012nd
    mrman1012nd

Post by mrman1012nd Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:20 pm

im sure swifty will be one person who wins! he deserves it loads! Very Happy
    Agent_Artic288
    Agent_Artic288

Post by Agent_Artic288 Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:06 pm

My Earth Research! Smile

George Washington Bridge:

The two-level George Washington Bridge (GWB) crosses the Hudson River between upper Manhattan (West 178th Street) and Fort Lee, New Jersey and forms part of Interstate Highway I-95.

This suspension bridge was designed by Othmar H. Ammann who was the Port Authority's Chief Engineer during that time. Ground was broken for the original six-lane bridge in October 1927. The Port Authority opened the bridge to traffic on October 25, 1931.(The Building of the Bridge: A Gallery of Photographs) In 1946, two additional lanes were provided on the upper level.

The lower level was opened on August 29, 1962. This increased the capacity of the bridge by 75 percent, making the GWB the world's only 14-lane suspension bridge, and it is now one of the world's busiest bridges. Mr. Ammann also served as a consultant on the addition of the lower level. In 1981, the George Washington Bridge was designated a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark by the American Society of Civil Engineers.

The George Washington Bridge is home to the world's largest free-flying American flag. The flag, which is located under the upper arch of the New Jersey tower, drapes vertically for 90 feet and flies freely, responding to breezes from the Hudson River or Palisades. The flag's stripes are approximately 5 feet wide and the stars measure about 4 feet in diameter. Weather permitting, the flag is flown on the following eight holidays: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day.

In New Jersey, the roadways leading to the bridge provide maximum flexibility permitting motorists to use either the upper or lower level. Two four-lane approach and departure roadways connect to the upper level, with connections to and from the lower level via two three-lane tunnels through the Palisades.

The New Jersey approach system provides connections between both levels of the bridge and highways US-1, US-9W, US-46, NJ-4, I-80, I-95 and the Palisades Interstate Parkway.

The twelve-lane Trans-Manhattan Expressway, extending eastward from the bridge to the Harlem River between 178th and 179th Streets, connects both levels of the bridge with Amsterdam Avenue, the Harlem River Drive and the 181st Street Bridge over the Harlem River. The Expressway connects directly with the Alexander Hamilton Bridge, which spans the Harlem River as part of the Cross Bronx Expressway (I-95), and the Major Deegan Expressway (I-87). Both the upper and lower levels connect to the Henry Hudson Parkway and Riverside Drive on the West Side of Manhattan. Sidewalks are available to the general public on both the north and south sides of the bridge. In New Jersey, the sidewalk entrances are located on Hudson Terrace in Fort Lee. In New York, the south sidewalk is located near the corner of 178th Street and Cabrini Boulevard. The north sidewalk is located near the corner of 179th Street and Cabrini Boulevard.
    In 2000, an Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) was implemented at the George Washington Bridge. The system uses automated incident detection information to decrease incident response and removal times. More than 30 state-of-the-art electronic variable message signs provide real-time decision making information directly to motorists on the roadways leading to the bridge. Also included are fully coordinated closed-circuit television cameras, and customer emergency call boxes.

- Agent Artic

If I win may I please have a black V - flag?
    aqua144
    aqua144
    Regular
    Regular

Post by aqua144 Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:18 pm

I did another research on Bosphorus Bridge.

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 Resear19
    My Drawing Smile
    The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 Resear17
    This is how it looks like
    The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 Resear18
    -Aqua144
    Fairy_x
    Fairy_x

Post by Fairy_x Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:23 am

There are quite a few famous bridges around the wolrd but I have picked a few which most of you have probably heard about Smile

1. The Tower bridge in London is a famous bridge which consists of 2 towers at both sides. It is normally very busy for road traffic and also has traffic going under it in the river so it has to belifted up at times.

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 700px-11

2. London bridge is also fairly famous with its own song called "London bridge is falling down" which is obviously about London bridge falling down. affraid

3. A very famous bridge is Sydney habour bridge which is probably one of the most famous bridges in the world. It is a beautiful bridge when it is night time and has all the lights on. It was formally opened on th 19th of March 1932 and since 1998 it has had fantastic firework displays on it at new years eve.

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 600px-10

3. Last but not least is San Fransisco Bay bridge which has been featured in quite a few films. It is a very long bridge and normally has busy traffic on it.

I hope you likes my post about famous bridges and good look everyone!

Yours Truly
    Fairy_x

Visit chofairy.blogspot.com! lol!
    Guguzi
    Guguzi
    Agent
    Agent

Post by Guguzi Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:46 am

Tower Bridge of London

The Most Famous Bridges! - Page 3 01685d14df6f

I drew this picture tonight.... Because i have no time because of school Very Happy
    billybubble
    billybubble
    Author
    Author

Post by billybubble Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Hey Guys!
    You'r topics are fantastic!
    Cograts to all winners and better luck next time for everyone! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm