Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Zandercute
chobotreeter
AxelNinja
sightens
JenniD5
minime2949
Nathaniel9909
midget
Jag$$$
chobox_360
trashawna
Julz
Thunder101
heidy12
_choboi
shasta6193
palli
jjkiller168
northian
Yolande
Betatester1
Gypman142
str999
ficman
speed
jellzyeahh111
Newy82
daggron
Plutonio
elise__23
kash50905
Nandoo1
Iceeman234
phan
Bubu1028
Potter909
sally98
Yhanz
bube077
username123456
bigben2
v_chobot
lendso
Hikikomori
48 posters

The Fastest Birds!

chobotreeter
    chobotreeter

The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Fastest Birds!

Post by chobotreeter Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Falcons are the fastest birds that exist they can go over 320 kilameters an hour.Here is a picture of a falcon i drew
    The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 211qvwh
    as u see a falcon has claws they help him in many ways heres one.When he wants some lunch he looks for his prey when he finds it he swoops down a grabs it and flys away .Alot of cities let falcons build nests in their bridges because falcons liek to make there nests in high spots.Hope u enjoyed Very Happy
    Nathaniel9909
    Nathaniel9909

Post by Nathaniel9909 Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 pm

My Report About The Apus. (AKA Swift) Smile

The bird Apus comprise some of the Old World members of the family Apodidae, Generally known as Swifts.
    They are among the fastest birds in the world. They resemble swallows, Although they are not related, but have shorter tails and sickle-shaped wings. Swifts spend most of their life aloft, have very short legs and use them mostly to cling to surfaces.

The Swift's Facts

Length:16 CM
    Wingspan:45 CM
    Weight:44 G
    Habitat:Open country & Towns.
    Diet:Wide variety of flying insects and spiders caught in Flight.

Guess Wut Hiki? You Can Say It In DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!! Very Happy Lol

Gaelic: Gobhlan-mòr
    Danish: Mursejler
    Finnish: Tervakirskuja
    German: Meuersegler
    Icelandic: Múrsvölungur
    Italian: Rondone
    Polish: Jerzyk zwyczajny
    Spanish: Vencejo común
    Swedish: Tornseglare
    Welsh: Gwennol Ddu
    Dutch: Gierzwaluw
    French: Martinet noir
    Hungarian: Sarlósfecske
    Irish: Gabhlán Gaoithe
    Norwegian: Tårnseiler
    Portuguese: Andorinhão-preto
    Local Names: Devil Bird, Martlett

Breeding,Survival

Egg Weight: 25x16 Millimeters Egg Size: 3.5 grams (Which is 6% of Shell Razz)
    Clutch Size: 2-3 Eggs
    Incubation: 19-25 days
    Fledging: 37-56 days
    Number of Broods: 1

The Image I Found: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=13z7qcz&s=4

And Of Course, a Vid Wink : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjE1lUKdx9E

Thanks For Reading My Report Smile
    I Hope I win... Shocked

"Eat Your Veggies, And Read Your Books" (Lol. Just Like I Did xD No,Not The Veggie Part.The Book Part,Lol)

~Nathaniel9909
    Zandercute
    Zandercute
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Zandercute Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Hey hiki its me zandercute Smile, this entry is for chickenguy, im helping him because he's under age and yeah Very Happy! This topic is about the peregrine falcon..

The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Pr10
    Nickycat319
    Nickycat319

Post by Nickycat319 Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:23 pm

The fastest speed the Peregrine Falcon reached ever recorded was an amazing 242.3 MPH or 390 KM/H

A Peregrine Falcon can reach speeds up to 175 miles per hour while flying through the air.That is about the same speed as the fastest race car in the Indianapolis 500. These powerful birds can catch prey in midair and kill it instantly with their sharp tallons. Peregrine Falcons range about 13 to 19 inches long. The female is called a falcon but the male is called a tercel which means "one third" in german.This is because the male is about one third the size of the female.
    By Nickycat319

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi everyone! I spent all week on these drawings and info. Smile Hope you learn a lot and are interested in it. =D
    I will try and keep the facts short and in my words like you said hiki and not copy a full page of Wikipedia like some people. Wink

Ok lets start Smile. Peregrine Falcons are some pretty sweet birds! In a book I read. My Side of the Mountain, this teenager owns one of these birds and he uses it for catching food. By using its speed. Peregrine Falcons can access speeds up to 40 - 55 MPH flying horizontally. Now this is when the record comes in. Diving towards earth they can hit a GIANT speed of 200 MPH and up! Now on to the next bird.
    (Picture Below)
    The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Peregr10

Now we have the fastest bird on LAND! And the winner is! Ostrich! xD! Have you seen these things run?? Its hilarious! Ostriches, can run at a speed around 50 MPH! Cheetahs can run 70, but we aren't talking about them. Wink Ostriches weigh around 220 to 350 lbs! Sheesh! These thinks need to eat at Subway! And another awesome fact, they have the biggest eyes of ANY land animals! So they need to lose weight AND they have eyes like bowling balls. LOL!
    (Picture Below)
    The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Ostric10

Next up to bat is the swift! Cool name huh? These things are rockets too! They can fly around 180 MPH! Try and have a footrace against this thing! In the UK It's illegal to shoot a swift because in fact they are losing population of their species Sad By my thought, these are beautiful birds! I've seen one and wow they are very cool! I love them!
    (Picture Below)
    The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Swift10

Now we have the Frigate Bird! Funny name right? The Frigate Bird supposedly travels at the speed of 153 MPH! I can only run 12 MPH. =P Their wingspan is 90 inches. These are VERY large birds! Aww. I wish I could fly. Rofl! Now here's a funny fact. These things a robbers! Call the police! They sweep down towards other birds and steal their prey. It's Evil! Wink
    (Picture Below)
    The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Frigat10

Now this is one of my favorite birds. This bird is called the Swallow. Actually the European Swallow. =D I love this birds name to! xD! Ok, lets start out with this. There are about 100 species of Swallows! Ahh Swallow attack! Swallows have long, narrow wings, forked tails, and weak feet. oOoOoO! They are EXTREMELY graceful in flight. Sorry to ruin the news to you, but Swallows aren't that fast at all. I just thought you might be interested in them!
    (Picture Below)
    The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Swallo10

Phew, this turned out to be a long post after all. Sorry. I hope you enjoyed all the pictures and the facts!! I love to draw!
    See ya later!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:47 am

BTW, Guys the facts are supposed to be short remember? Even if you know a lot of facts only post a few. Smile
    Guguzi
    Guguzi
    Agent
    Agent

Post by Guguzi Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:24 am

The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 9464dda9ec5f
    Eagles are large birds of prey which are members of the bird family Accipitridae, and belong to several genera which are not necessarily closely related to each other. Most of the more than 60 species occur in Eurasia and Africa. Outside this area, just two species (the Bald and Golden Eagles) can be found in the USA and Canada, nine more in Central and South America, and three in Australia.
    Nickycat319
    Nickycat319

Post by Nickycat319 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:11 am

The fastest speed the Peregrine Falcon reached ever recorded was an amazing 242.3 MPH or 390 KM/H

A Peregrine Falcon can reach speeds up to 175 miles per hour while flying through the air.That is about the same speed as the fastest race car in the Indianapolis 500. These powerful birds can catch prey in midair and kill it instantly with their sharp tallons. Peregrine Falcons range about 13 to 19 inches long. The female is called a falcon but the male is called a tercel which means "one third" in german.This is because the male is about one third the size of the female.
    By Nickycat319

The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 PeregrineFalconAnatum
    Nickycat319
    Nickycat319

Post by Nickycat319 Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:13 am

my color flag is red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 H  A Peregrine Falcon can reach speeds up to 175 miles per hour while flying through the air.That is about the same speed as the fastest race car in the Indianapolis 500. These powerful birds can catch prey in midair and kill it instantly with their sharp tallons. Peregrine Falcons range about 13 to 19 inches long. The female is called a falcon but the male is called a tercel which means "one third" in german.This is because the male is about one third the size of the female
    ashley_cool_girl
    ashley_cool_girl

Post by ashley_cool_girl Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:25 am

The Humming Bird

An American scientist has managed to capture the birds flying ultra-fast camera. Get tricked boys humming using as bait some stuffed female.

Top speed of birds, measured in comparison with the length of their bodies was more than a fighter or a space shuttle when it enters the atmosphere. Bird, 10 cm long, reaching a speed of 93 km per hour.

Stunts birds reached speeds of almost 400 body lengths per second., While fighter aircraft reaches "only" 150 body lengths per second and 207 space shuttle body lengths.

The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Hummingbird-john-keaton
    Lavadog
    Lavadog

Post by Lavadog Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:57 am

The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 30mybup
    Hummingbirds are among the smallest of birds, and include the smallest extant bird species, the Bee Hummingbirds. They can hover in mid-air by rapidly flapping their wings 12-90 times per second (depending on the species). They can also fly backwards, and are the only group of birds able to do so. The Fastest Birds! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
    Their English name derives from the characteristic hum made by their rapid wing beats. They can fly at speeds exceeding 15 m/s (54 km/h, 34 mi/h). Hummingbirds feed on the nectar of plants and are important pollinators, especially of deep-throated, tubular flowers. The Giant Hummingbird's wings beat at 8–10 beats per second, the wings of medium-sized hummingbirds beat about 20–25 beats per second and the smallest can reach 100 beats per second during courtship displays.Among the better known North American species, average lifespan is 3 to 5 years. By comparison, the smaller shrews, among the smallest of all mammals, seldom live more than 2 years. The longest recorded lifespan in the wild is that of a female Broad-tailed Hummingbird that was banded as an adult at least one year old then recaptured 11 years later, making her at least 12 years old.
    Hummingbirds are found natively in the Americas, from southern Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, including the Caribbean. The majority of species occur in tropical Central and South America, but several species also breed in temperate areas. Male hummingbirds do not take part in nesting. Incubation lasts 12 to 19 days, depending on species, ambient temperature, and female attentiveness to the nest.

Lavadog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 pm