Chobots' forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
Jess
deliciouzz
Atena
Plutonio
coollagoon
aqua144
all_about
Bubu1028
Stiebs
Zandercute
XxMcho04xX
Gmailchatter
mtzbrave23
will
plad556
chow
Matias383
Iloveluck
Flamedog
Lavadog
vintage
kash50905
sk8trboy
kilabeez
muttly
mousyblack
mimorulz
elise__23
omarstar
Yolande
Betatester1
tam1234
Gumi Maci
ellahello
phan
superman524
Yhanz
Chocice
Dpart544
noel
jellybaby321
edytza007
Tonykart82
_Sharp_
username123456
Hikikomori
50 posters

Houses Around the World

aqua144
    aqua144
    Regular
    Regular

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Empty Re: Houses Around the World

Post by aqua144 Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi my research is about Wooden Frame Houses Wink

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Resear10

-Aqua144
    aqua144
    aqua144
    Regular
    Regular

Post by aqua144 Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

This research will be about houses in Turkey.

Two years ago i went to Turkey to visit my cousins and i saw very interesting things Wink In the city everyone lives in apartments. The apartments are usually 4-15 floors. The one i visited was 10 floors so in every apartment there is an elevator. I saw this huge apartment that was 52 floors! In most of the apartments there is huge yard where all the kids can play basketball, volleyball, tennis and many more. There are two different pools one is for little kids and other one for adults. One of the most things i like is most apartments have terraces.
    Cities are full with apartments. Outside of the city, there are farms, summer houses, villas, cabins and many more.

Most apartments look something like this
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 House110

And this is my drawing Wink
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 House10
    will
    will

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Empty Houses around the World

Post by will Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Hey Guyz. Here is underwater hotel. Very Happy What do ya thin of it Question
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Underwater-hotel-turkey
    -Will-
    coollagoon
    coollagoon

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Empty Houses Around the World entry:

Post by coollagoon Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Merzouga, Sahara Desert, Morocco

In southern part of Morocco, the houses are made of the bricks. They mix some water with clayey soil and put them into the mold to dry under the Sun. They use the clay to paste bricks one by one and then, paste the clay over the bricks to build the house. The bricks can keep the room temperature at comfortable level, even the outside temperature is changing drastically during a day. However, the houses are not strong for earthquake.
    Plutonio
    Plutonio

Post by Plutonio Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:10 pm

" BAHAY KUBO"
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 534003476_2dce19d828
    The nipa hut also known as bahay kubo, is an indigenous house used in the Philippines. The native house is constructed out of bamboo tied together, with a thatched roof using nipa/anahaw leaves.Nipa huts were the native houses of the indigenous people of the Philippines before the Spaniards arrived. They are still used today, especially in rural areas. Different architectural designs are present among the different ethno-linguistic groups in the country, although all of them conform to being stilt houses, similar to those found in neighboring countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Palau, and the Pacific Islands. Very Happy
    Plutonio
    Plutonio

Post by Plutonio Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:26 pm

"CHINESE PAGODA HOUSE"
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Chinese-entry
    Chinese Pagodas (Chinese: 塔; pinyin: Tǎ) are a traditional part of Chinese architecture, and is evolved from the stupa from the Indian subcontinent.In addition to religious use, since ancient times Chinese pagodas have been praised for the spectacular views which they offer, and many famous poems in Chinese history attest to the joy of scaling pagodas.
    The modern pagoda is an evolution of the Indian stupa, a tomb-like structure where sacred relics could be kept safe and venerated.[2] The architectural structure of the stupa has spread across Asia, taking on many diverse forms as details specific to different regions are incorporated into the overall design.
    The Chinese word for stupa, ta, is an abbreviated translation (from tapo) of the Sanskrit Stupa. The origins of the word Pagoda are obscure. In modern usage, the word Stupa and Pagoda refer to the same thing.[3]
    The Pagoda's original purpose was to house relics and sacred writings. [4] This purpose was popularized due to the efforts of Buddhist missionaries, pilgrims, rulers, and ordinary devotees to seek out, distribute, and extol Buddhist relics.[3]
    The earliest base-structure type for Chinese pagodas were square-base and circular-base. By the 10th century the Chinese began to build octagonal-base pagoda towers. The highest Chinese pagoda from the pre-modern age is the Liaodi Pagoda of Kaiyuan Monastery, Dingxian, Hebei province, completed in the year 1055 AD under Emperor Renzong of Song and standing at a total height of 84 m (275 ft). The pagoda was built of brick and stone and has the classic gradual tiered eaves marking each storey, and has a section of its walls partially open at one side, which allows one to view the interior of the pagoda, the inner column shaped as another pagoda inside, and the thickness of the pagoda's walls.[5] Although it no longer stands, the tallest pre-modern pagoda in Chinese history was the 100 m (330 ft) tall wooden pagoda of Chang'an, built by Emperor Yang of Sui.[6] The Liaodi Pagoda is the tallest pre-modern pagoda still standing, yet in April of 2007 a new wooden pagoda at the Tianning Temple of Changzhou was opened to the public; this pagoda is now the tallest in China, standing at 154 m (505 ft).
    Atena
    Atena

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Empty igloos by atena

Post by Atena Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 pm

hey atena here. this is my research on igloos

long before brick or wood houses with eletric heat, people had to be creative when building homes to protect them from nature's elemets. europeans built castles out of stone. native americans in warmer areas build tepees out of animals or bark. the inuit lived in the northern areas like greenland,
    alaska and parts of canada. the inuit had to build their houses out of snow, known as the igloo.
    the igloo is a house made out of blocks of ice. its purpose is to trap the heat inside so it stays warm. for hunters looking for shelter, they might just dig a hole in the snow and cover it with ice so the hunter has a nice warm shelter for the night. the inuit built igloos for living. the largest igloos could have up to 5 rooms and hold 20 people. a large igloo is usually built to hold feasts and traditional dances.

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Igloo10

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Moon10
    deliciouzz
    deliciouzz

Post by deliciouzz Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:51 pm

you want to hear something of an famous house?
    well here we go:

my research is about the "The Contemporary House" Used for the Cullen Family for Twilight.

It was built as a spec house and bought by the director of footwear design at Nike, John Hoke.
    The Hokes were approached by a film location scout, a little film called Twilight.

Twilight producers thought it was the perfect setting for the Cullen family of cool,
    “we glitter in the sun and look like-supermodels” vampires
    although many fans have complained that it didn’t look anything like the old white Victorian described in the novel.
    I personally adore this house and had to find more photos of it!

Here is what it looks like in the film:
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Edward-ext

And “in real" (minus all the trees that were added in post-production):
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Hoke-house-exterior-cullen-house

i personally would choose the one in the film lol

A view of the kitchen from the film, with the Cullen family using it for the first time to prepare a meal for “the human” (Bella):
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Edward-kit2
    Here what it looks in real:
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Hoke-house-empty-kitchen

The eat-in part of the kitchen, (I assume these are the Hoke children who live here):
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Hoke-house-kitchen
    here u see it closer in the film:
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Edward-kit6

Architect of this House is Jeff Kovel.
    You can find much more pictures of the house in the internet.

I’m not sure, but based on the trailer I saw for the sequel “New Moon,” it looks like the Cullens were filmed in a different house for it. It’ll be hard to top this one!
    But maybe they aren't allowed this time to film there ?

But i still wonder, it isn’t how I imagined from the book’s description:
    The house was timeless, graceful, and probably a hundred years old. It was painted a soft, faded white, three stories tall, rectangular and well proportioned.

Inside, however, it was described as being surprisingly contemporary:
    It was very bright, very open, and very large. This must have originally been several rooms, but the walls had been removed from most of the first floor to create one wide space. The back, south-facing wall had been entirely replaced with glass…. The walls, the high-beamed ceilings, the wooden floors, and the thick carpets were all varying shades of white.

dont wonder why i choosed this one
    the film (with the house) is known by so many people
    and i know we have alot twilight fans in chobots
    so they might find that interesting Very Happy
    and well i gather the books to often lol
    aqua144
    aqua144
    Regular
    Regular

Post by aqua144 Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 pm

This research is about "Rondavel"

This is an amazing house is called a rondavel, a traditional African-style house. They are usually round in shape and traditionally made with materials that can be locally obtained in raw form. The rondavel's walls are often constructed from stones. The mortar may consist of sand, soil, or some combinations of these mixed with dung.The floor is finished with a processed dung mixture to make it smooth. The roof braces of a rondavel are made out of tree limbs, which have been harvested and cut to length. The roof itself is made out of thatch that is sewn
    to the wooden braces with rope made out of grass.

This is how it looks like
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Houses10

And this is my drawing Smile
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 House11
    Jess
    Jess

Post by Jess Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:24 am

very interesting guys Smile
    aqua144
    aqua144
    Regular
    Regular

Post by aqua144 Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:32 am

Hi this research is about Palloza Smile
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Reseac10

This is how it looks like in real
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 A11
    Jess
    Jess

Post by Jess Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 pm

this topic is really cool and good job guys you made great researches

Last edited by Jess on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    aqua144
    aqua144
    Regular
    Regular

Post by aqua144 Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 pm

This research is about shell house Smile

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Resear11

this is how it looks like in real
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Houses11
    Chocice
    Chocice

Post by Chocice Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Wow nice Aqua! Awesome re search!!
    aqua144
    aqua144
    Regular
    Regular

Post by aqua144 Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 pm

I made more research Smile This one is about Nautilus House.

In 2006 Arquitectura Orgánica designed a shell shaped house, based on the Nautilus shell. The house was constructed with cement, sand, water. The house has many benefits like fire proof, earthquake-safe. The house have smooth surfaces, spiral stairs and natural plantings.

Here are some pictures from the house
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 House12
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 House210

And this is my drawing Smile
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 House13
    snooopy63
    snooopy63

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Empty Houses Around the World

Post by snooopy63 Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Hey guys!! here is my research of houses around the word i tried my best on it i hope i just win;)

here is goes:
    Ondol (Heated Floor during Winer)

Suwon, Korea

Ondol is the traditional under floor heating system which has been used in Korean peninsula where the winter is very severe.The heat from the stove in the kitchen goes through the pathway under the floor.They used to use the firewood or straw for the stove.The entrance of the house is made smaller to prevent cold air coming into tht house.They sleep on the warm floor with the mat and they do not need to wear room shoes.In the modern Korean house, Ondol is still used by hot water instead. Razz

Complex Houses of Hakka Fanmily

Fujian, China

In dry Fujian area, the houses are built with the hard solid soil walls. The houses were built about 300 years ago.Hakka family was moving from the Yellow River area in 12 th to 13 th century.They build the many town houses surrounded by the hard walls to protect from the outsiders.The houses are 4-storied and hundreds of people are living together.One townhouse is for the whole family who has the same last name.The other family or not Hakka family are not allowed to live. Surprised woow

Tree House of Bagobo Tribe

Mindanao Island, Philippines

The people in the south of Philippines used to live in the tree houses. From the tree houses, they could find the enemies, the poisonous snakes and wild animals.They also could get the cooler and drier air.The houses are needed to rebuild as the trees grow.The tree houses are now used for the meeting and resting.

Houses on the Water

Sabah, Malaysia

The fishermen in Saba of Borneo Island live on the water.In the water village, there are so many houses still now.They use the timber of mangrove tree which has the durability against the sea water to build the water house.The water houses are officially issued the addresses and the family registrations.

House of Lafu Tribe

Norhern Region, Thailand

In the Village of Lahu Tribe, nearly 5,000 people live in the houses on the steep land 1,000 meters above sea level.The floor of the house is 2 meters high and under the floor, they keep cow, pigs and chicken.They made house with the wood panels crossing each other.

Sun Dried Brick House of Berber Tribe

Merzouga, Sahara Desert, Morocco

In southern part of Morocco, the houses are made of the bricks.They mix some water with clayey soil and put them into the mold to dry under the Sun.They use the clay to paste bricks one by one and then, paste the clay over the bricks to build the house.The bricks can keep the room temperature at comfortable level, even the outside temperature is changing drastically during a day.However, the houses are not strong for earthquake.

Old Town

Sana'a, Yemen

The name of this building means rock castle which was build in 1930.This tall building is made of bricks and painted white on the window frames.The bricks are made from the mixture of clay, soil and straw which could be kept for over 500 years.

Wooden Frame Houses

Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

The wooden frame houses are very popular in Germany.They use the bricks for the wall and paint over the bricks which become very strong and last for hundreds of years.The wooden frames make them possible to have many windows. Cool Razz

Santorin Island, Greece

The entrance of the Island is fully filled with the white houses on the cliff.The Island used to be an active volcano and the eruption around 1500 B.C. created this unique shape of the Island.

and i finished Smile lol! hehe

( hope i win ) i will pray everyday for it Very Happy

~snooopy63~
    will
    will

Post by will Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:54 pm

There alot of amazing houses around the world. Razz I remember one time I learnt about something. And I really like this idea but I don't know if you would. But.... They built a house out of cans which is using recycling and good for the planet... and of COURSE CHOBOT PLANET. What a Face
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 0504tincanhouse
    I think it was a great idea. Razz
    -Will-
    Vanessa_N
    Vanessa_N

Post by Vanessa_N Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:40 pm

i decided to talk about the white house:
    The White House is the official residence of the President of the United States, recognized worldwide as a symbol of the prestige of the presidency. Built between 1792 and 1800, the sprawling 132-room mansion has been used as a home by every President since John Adams.

The East Wing of the White House principally serves as offices for the First Lady and her staff. The First Family's quarters, located on the second and third floor of the historic White House, provide them with privacy and comfort away from the public spotlight. The West Wing is home to the President's office and those of his top staff.

On the pages that follow, you can learn more about the President's office, the many state rooms, and the grounds and history of America's most famous home.
    Vanessa_N
    Vanessa_N

Post by Vanessa_N Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Bubble House was constructed on Pierre Cardin’s demand. The project was being built by an architect named Antti Lovag for an industrialist with whom Lovag had become friends while building a previous house. The house was intended to demonstrate the possibility of short-circuiting traditional architecture in the name of original, contemporary design.
    Vanessa_N
    Vanessa_N

Post by Vanessa_N Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Houses Around the World - Page 3 White-house-picture
    Vanessa_N
    Vanessa_N

Post by Vanessa_N Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:01 pm

herip wrote:Houses Around the world
    There are tones of differant sorts of houses all over the world, all special in their own way whether they are wierd or not wierd big or small. Or even if they are on the top of cliffs!
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Cliffh11
    Or You could have a shoe house? Very Happy
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Shoe_h11
    A house could have tiles for a roof or maybe straw, a big chimney or a small with smoke puffing out of it.
    So what sort of houses do they have in other countrys?[/b]

Indonesia: House made out of sticks with a big pointy straw roof.
    India: Houses with straw on there roof.
    Mongolia: A white house in the grasslands.
    China: Everyone would live together in a circle.
    Romania: A house with eyes in the roof (air holes type thing)
    Spain: Houses that are under mounds of mud and underhills and a entrance at the side of the hill and just a chimney pointing out the top!
    Bolivia: A house make of stone which is the shape of a acorn.

[b]How big can houses get?

Houses can be ginormous with 200 rooms (a house with 200 rooms would be a mansion) Mansions are like what most Kings and Queens live in from every country.
    Heres a mansion:
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Mansio11
    Or there could be a little tiny house (like a shed lol)
    Heres a small house:
    Houses Around the World - Page 3 Smaalh11
    Thats all Cya!
    Herip..
    Very Happy
    Very Happy
    twilight_eclips
    twilight_eclips

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Empty Twilight_eclips wierd houses

Post by twilight_eclips Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:49 pm

There are many different and unusual houses in the word like the house that looks like a shoe all the way throuh to to houses in the water today i chose to investigate wierd houses

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Fhjk11

The Haines Shoe House is a shoe-shaped house in Hallam, Pennsylvania, along the Lincoln Highway.[1] It was built by shoe salesman Mahlon Haines in 1948 as a form of advertisement. The house, which is 25 feet tall and contains five stories, was once rented out to couples, and is now open for public tours. It is located on Shoe House Road.

The Shoe House was visited in the eighth season of the reality television
    series The Amazing Race.

Now ill tell you about the white house

Houses Around the World - Page 3 Hjreow13
    The White House is the official residence and principal workplace of the President of the United States. Located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C., it was built between 1792 and 1800 of white-painted Aquia sandstone in the late Georgian style and has been the residence of every U.S. President since John Adams. When Thomas Jefferson moved into the home in 1801, he (with architect Benjamin Henry Latrobe) expanded the building outward, creating two colonnades which were meant to conceal stables and storage.[1]

In 1814, during the War of 1812, the mansion was set ablaze by the British Army in the Burning of Washington, destroying the interior and charring much of the exterior. Reconstruction began almost immediately, and President James Monroe moved into the partially reconstructed house in October 1817. Construction continued with the addition of the South Portico in 1824 and the North in 1829. Due to crowding within the executive mansion itself, President Theodore Roosevelt had nearly all work offices relocated to the newly-constructed West Wing in 1901. Eight years later, President William Howard Taft expanded the West Wing and created the first Oval Office which was eventually moved as the section was expanded. The third-floor attic was converted to living quarters in 1927 by augmenting the existing hip roof with long shed dormers. A newly constructed East Wing was used as a reception area for social events; both new wings were connected by Jefferson's colonnades. East Wing alterations were completed in 1946 creating additional office space. By 1948, the house's load-bearing exterior walls and internal wood beams were found to be close to failure. Under Harry S. Truman, the interior rooms were completely dismantled, resulting in the construction of a new internal load-bearing steel framework and the reassembly of the interior rooms.

Today, the White House Complex includes the Executive Residence (in which the First Family resides), the West Wing (the location of the Oval Office, Cabinet Room, and Roosevelt Room), and the East Wing (the location of the office of the First Lady and White House Social Secretary), as well as the Old Executive Office Building, which houses the executive offices of the President and Vice President.

The White House is made up of six stories—the Ground Floor, State Floor, Second Floor, and Third Floor, as well as a two-story basement. The term White House is regularly used as a metonym for the Executive Office of the President of the United States and for the president's administration and advisors in general. The property is owned by the National Park Service and is part of the President's Park. In 2007, it was ranked second on the American Institute of Architects's List of America's Favorite Architecture.

there are many more houses but i dont want this post to be too long so see you another time

So i hope i did well and bye for now twilight_eclips
    Gumi Maci
    Gumi Maci
    Author
    Author

Post by Gumi Maci Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:44 am

Thanks sooooooo much i ve always wanted a v-flag! i got it today thanks much Herip..
    And plz dont double post and Dont triple post`!!!
    PLz dont twilight_eclips
    Evil or Very Mad
    twilight_eclips
    twilight_eclips

Post by twilight_eclips Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:47 am

what r u talking bout herip
    muttly
    muttly
    Team Leader
    Team Leader